The Library’s mission is to provide comprehensive resources and services in support of the research, teaching, and learning needs of the University community. To fulfill this mission, the Library commits to:
1.Understand the research, teaching, and learning needs of its users;
2.Build collections and create tools to support research, teaching, and learning;
3.Provide access to and promote the discovery and use of local and external information resources;
4.Ensure the preservation and long-lasting availability of Library collections and resources;
5.Create hospitable physical and virtual environments for study, teaching, and research;
6.Collaborate with other members of the University to enrich the research and learning community;
7.Advance local, national, and international library and information initiatives;
8.Develop, encourage, and sustain expertise, skill, commitment and an innovative spirit in its staff.
In this desired future, the Library ensures that its collections remain forward-looking, diverse in breadth and form, open to browsing, and of world-renowned quality. Through promotion, the Library makes people aware of the resources available to them, and through innovation, it makes access to these resources easier.
1.The Library’s creation of an integrated, seamless web of information further streamlines access.
2.To serve future users, the Library preserves information across all formats and ensures effective storage and delivery systems.
3.The Library’s physical and virtual spaces respond to the changing habits of its users to enrich the campus experience and to multiply the ways in which people can pursue inquiry.
4.The Library’s collaboration with expanding circles of partners yields unified access, broadening knowledge, and enhanced services.
5.The Library continues to embrace change and align itself to thrive on diversity, to support professional growth and opportunity, and to reward f
S.No. Branch No.of Titles No.of Volumes No. of National journals E-Journals Back Volume
1 Mechanical Engineering 768 2263 7 DELNET
Total Titles : 2233
Current full text : 628
Full text : 1577
Abstract : 18 94
2 Electrical and Electronics Engineering 617 1595 6
3 Electronics and Communication Engineering 693 1829 6
4 Computer Science and Engineering 683 1846 6
5 Science and humanities 687 2026 7
Indian Jrl. of Engineering and Material Science
Journal of Institution of Engineers (India): Series C: Mechanical Eng.
Journal of Institution of Engineers (India): Series C: Aerospace Eng.
Journal of Institution of Engineers (India): Series C: Production Eng.
Journal of Institution of Engineers (India): Series C: Marine Eng.
Indian Journal of Technical Education.
ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
Indian journal of technical Education
Journal of Resources Energy and Development
Indian Journal of Electrical Engineering and Embedded System
Indian Journal of Electrical Systems and Control
Journal of Institution of Engineers (India):Series B: Electrical Eng.
ELECTRONICS AND COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING
IETE Journal of Research
IETE Journal of Technical Review
Indian Journal of Radio and Space Physics
Journal of Institution of Engineers (India), :Series B:Electronics and Telecommunication Eng.
Indian Journal of Advances in Power Electronics
Indian Journal of Advances in VLIS Design
COMPUTER SCIENCE ENGINEERING
Journal of Software Engineering and Technology
Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Engineering
Journal of Information Technology and Engineering
Indian Journal of Mathematics, Computer Science and Information Technology
ndian Journal of Computer Science and Engineering
Journal of Institution of Engineers (India): Series B: Computer Eng.
Competition Success Review
Electronics for You
General Knowledge Today
Linux for You With CD
Voice & Data
Library has excellent reading hall that has reference books, hand-books and dictionaries for reference purpose.
Library has photo copying facilities along with digital copier and network printer.
Current Awareness Service
We have subscribed 32 International and national periodicals, DELNET-e-journals and 11 news papers for regular reading of library members to update their knowledge.
Digital library has been established with 25 computer terminals. Library members can browse e-journals and e- books. Our library is automated library management system. Library members can search book either by author, title, publishers or by any word by OPACPLUS.
S.No. Member Details No. of Books issued Loan Period
1 Faculty Members 5 30 Days
2 Students 2 14 days
3 Administrative and Non-Teaching Staff 2 30 days
The Library is kept open on all working days from 9.00am to 4.45pm:
Membership is open to all the staff and the students of AVPTC.
Rules and Regulations:
• Members are responsible for all the books borrowed on their cards.
• All final year student members should get “No Dues Certificate” (NOC) from the Library.
• Similarly, the staff members who intend to leave the college should settle all the dues and obtain a “No Dues Certificate” (NOC) from the Librarian.
LOSS OF ID CARDS:
• If loss of ID cards, Duplicate cards will be issued on payment of Rs.100/- (Rupees One hundred only)
ISSUE AND RETURN OF BOOKS:
• Books other than reference books will be issued to student members for a period of 14 days only. For faculty members, the loan period is 30 days.
• Reference Books, Encyclopaedias, Hand Books, Dictionaries, Periodicals, Student Project Report, Dissertations, Theses and Back Volumes will not be issued and THEY ARE ONLY FOR REFERENCE
• Two renewals will be permitted if there are no reservations against these books. For renewal, books have to be presented physically at the library counter
• Members, before leaving the counter must satisfy themselves as to whether the books, which they intend to borrow, are in good condition and any damage/marking should be immediately reported to the Librarian failing which the member to whom the book was issued will be held responsible
• Books that are in special demand shall be lent for shorter periods as may be necessary and books lent out may be recalled at any time, if required
• Absence will not be accepted as an excuse for the delay in the return of books
• Members are advised to return/renew the books on or before due date marked on date slip of the book.
• A borrowed book should be returned on the due date, failing which a penalty of Re.1/- will be collected as overdue charge per day.
LOSS OF BOOKS:
Loss of books, if any, should be reported to the library immediately and it should be replaced with a new copy along with a levy of overdue charges if any.
In case the borrower is unable to replace the books that are lost, he will be levied a penalty two times the cost of the book plus overdue charges, if any.